In marketing communications, getting the attention of your audience is increasingly challenging. While there are more ways to reach people, there are also more saturated media channels, more competitors and more overwhelmed customers.
With this said, more of everything can quickly translate into less for you if you don’t construct an integrated marketing strategy. Through ingenuity and an effective combination of tactics, you can bring your strategy to fruition.
Ingenuity in its essence is problem solving, and it drives your ability to successfully:
- Reach your audience when and where they are paying attention
- Develop ways you can stand out from your competition
- Plan ways to extend your message
Examples of tactics include:
- Website design and development
- PR through news channels and social media
- Online advertising campaigns
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Each of these tactics can provide a strong return on investment on their own, however, integrating your approach will accelerate results.
Examples of combined tactics include:
- Timing the redevelopment of your brand with a PR campaign
- Driving people to your website through a social media campaign
- Coordinating a call-to-action on your blog with offers on a website’s landing page
You don’t need to pioneer a new marketing tactic. But, a slight change in the way you integrate can go a long way in driving success. Add a little ingenuity in the planning stages of your marketing strategy, and along with these combined tactics (or a myriad of other combinations) you can net big results!